Xs riser bushings - a different sort

ChopperRobb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Alrighty folks! Step right up and get in line for a different choice of XS650 riser. So far we have the stock squishy rubber riser bushings (boo! says the crowd) and we have Hugh's Handbuilt solid risers (the crowd says yea! these are great)...and they are folks, they are.
But what I have to offer is a bit and best of both worlds...solidly mounted handlebars and vibration control at the same time...Yes that's right believe it! Two tophat style 6061 Aluminum risers fitted into hard, but flexible, poly bushings. You know, it's just easier to show you...so check out the pics.

If ya like 'em and would like to get a set there's an introductory offer for the next two weeks from today 9/4/2012...you can grab a set of these beauties for only $90...includes shipping to the conus.

You can contact me, Robb, at rovdriet@gmail.com and we can set up payment/shipping, etc.

Here goes nothing...(someone famous said long ago)

Attachments

• P9030032.jpg
    P9030032.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 331
  • P9030033.jpg
    P9030033.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 375
  • P9030034.jpg
    P9030034.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 286
Do these actually reduce vibration? The aluminum bushing is still in direct contact with the tree transferring vibes right into the bars, no?

I think they'd have to reduce vibration to a greater degree than solid metal against metal, but to a lesser degree than straight rubber. My idea was to create an in between from rubber to solid aluminum for those that want the rigidness of aluminum and the vibration damping of rubber. But I could be wrong, if I am...no problem admitting it :)

I do appreciate the input and thought though. Makes me want to design another set from just the poly (like the aluminum tophats) with aluminum "caps" for a more complete isolation...just worried the poly might crack under stress of torque of the riser nuts or from the stress of movement.

hey hey .. fellow VB native .. but now im a jersey transplant.. got any pics of them installed on the trees?

Just a thought to reduce some more vibrations yet still give the additional rigidness your shooting for possibly?

Attachments

• Riser Mod.jpg
    Riser Mod.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 209
Rock the party,
yeah man, i'm actually experimenting with a few other designs for even more isolation of vibration. once I've tested em i'll get em up here for those who want em. Thanks for the input man.

Back