XS with Windjammer!

Heck I really like the chrome side covers and the low slung seat !!!! that is really COOL !!!! good looking bike !
...... I've been thinking of doctoring my seat..... done that to almost every bike I've owned to get the darn seat height lower
that was one of the first things I did to the Honda 305 and it's bench seat LOL
cutting the foam is no problem with a long bread knife, but getting that seat cover back on is a bitch !
Bob.........
Thanks, Bob
Fixing the seat is a lot more involved than cutting foam - gotta modify the pan and start over with new material. I'll get around to posting a thread on here about it one of these days....Cheers!

Someone needs to throw a Bates Clipper on theirs:

Picture005.jpg

View attachment 102823 View attachment 102822 Very cool - and I don't accept that they are ugly. Back in the late 1970s these were the thing!

I also had a '75 XS650B and I found an el-cheap Vetter Windjammer knock-off called a Torque Commuter and it worked great! The bike wasn't fast, but it was adequate for cruising and I took some very long trips with it. Interestingly, I still got a solid 50-54 mpg regardless of the fairing.

Anyhow - you've got a great touring rig there and so enjoy!

Pete
==============================================================
I had one identical to this back in the college days.
Guess this is why I came back to the platform 30 years later to build on.

"To me, with the Windjammer on your bike, it looks unbalanced. Cafe racer rear and touring bike front."

It does look a little front biased, but I actually really like it. I think it fits on there perfectly with the short tail. You lose a little bit of the touring function by the fact that if you ever got stuck in rain, all the rain protection from the front is going to be pointless considering that the back of you is going to be soaked from the short rear end, but that's life...

I love the cassette player. I wish my truck had one, I'd actually be able to listen to good music. Haven't touched that stupid CD player once.

I hate riding on the highway because of the wind and noise. I always wonder if my opinion would change with a big fairing like that. The only thing I wonder about, is how much I'd be roasting all summer long. I depend on that wind to keep my cool when I'm riding. I'd assume having a bigger fairing would be like sitting in traffic at redlights the entire time.

My windjammer fearing has 2 plastic round air vents that allow air in so you are still in some wind in the summer....
close them off and your riding in a bubble in the rain and stay quite dry ....all but from the knees down.
as far as winter riding goes their the only way to go .... a big windshield is the next best thing but they only cover your head and chest your arms are soaked as well as your legs and crotch ....as the rain funnels around and gets your waist some times .
.... don't forget about winter tires too... as most street tread is bad on water ! and loss of traction is common in winter riding because of that !.....
Bob.......

I went to the Ranch this morning and brought back the windjammer fearing ..... it looks a bit worse for the ware but armor all will put a shine on it ! ....LOL
Bob........

Back