XS1 Build

Shapin' and fittin' sides of the pockets.

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Took the tunnel back out to cap off pockets and weld 'em up.

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 154
My plan was to use a single petcock with 1/4 pipe thread. I got one from lowbrow that looks like It'll fit nicely. Things are tight between the motor and tank, plus I don't have a ton of real estate on the bottom of the tank. Also, I'm not sure I would trust the o-ring seal with the flat mount type especially with my lumpy sheet metal work, haha!

Finished up the tunnel. I spliced in a piece of tubing to follow the frame where it sweeps downward.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 157
Tank is done. Sorry for the crappy photos, we put in some new lighting and it's really bright! I might take some better ones before I paint it.

Attachments

• IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 153
I've been making a lot of progress on the bike and I'm way behind on updates. I'll try and get some photos up, kinda wishing I had taken more along the way...

Got a front fender from (I'm pretty sure) a Triumph Bonneville to use as my rear fender. Just starting to mock it up and figure out how to mount it. Gonna modify the frame a bit and make new seat rails, I want to go with a solo seat. I'm also going to need to make new upper shock mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 181
889 views and less than 30 comments... lets face it kgreen knows he has skill and is posting for pats on the back... fair enough, we all want those pats, but almost 900 views and no recognition? we all wish we were this good don't we. this should turn into a bike none of us will pay for or rather CAN AFFORD. I hope it turns out good like the tank fab which puts my tank to shame... not afraid to admit it lol. hurry up and finish greeny I wanna see the whole job lol :D sometimes you have to be distinctly avaergae to be post worthy, but lets have more please, mr greenhaw. show us how it be did.

889 views and less than 30 comments... lets face it kgreen knows he has skill and is posting for pats on the back... fair enough, we all want those pats, but almost 900 views and no recognition? we all wish we were this good don't we. this should turn into a bike none of us will pay for or rather CAN AFFORD. I hope it turns out good like the tank fab which puts my tank to shame... not afraid to admit it lol. hurry up and finish greeny I wanna see the whole job lol :D sometimes you have to be distinctly avaergae to be post worthy, but lets have more please, mr greenhaw. show us how it be did.

Hahaha, WTF? Sounds like you've got me all figured out! Yep, the only reason I built a bike was to post it on the internet for praise. I do have countless hours in this bike, so if I was to include labor in an asking price, you're absolutely right, nobody would pay it. That's fine with me because it's not for sale, I'm building it for myself. I put so much of my time and money into this bike and you know what? I can barely afford it!

My apologies for wanting to share my project. I started this thread just like anyone else here has, I don't see why you're giving me shit for it.

I cut out the stock seat rails and bent up some new ones. Cleaned up the backbone a bit. Got the new rails fit and tacked in. I also pinched the frame in a little, about 3/4" on each side.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 159
Or on the flip side . . . maybe he is alluding to members lack of participation? Several phrases would lead me to believe so.

I'm only here so I don't get fined. Lol
I think all he was doing was give you a shout out. The ratio of comments to views is a little lopsided, but I've been watching. Very nice work on the tank. Puts billy lane to shame.
Sometimes I think we as a whole just want to step back and see what you do. Obviously you don't need our help. The only tank I could build would be a coffin tank. Or a tank that belongs on a roto tiller.

oh did I make another drunken and over expressive post? hah I meant no offence to anyones.

comin' on nicely. this 3/4 pinch is roundabout the top shock mount? I think so... lines flow nice into there on the last pic.
neck gusset looks unusual... finished or have you further plans there? :thumbsup:

I'm only here so I don't get fined. Lol
I think all he was doing was give you a shout out. The ratio of comments to views is a little lopsided, but I've been watching. Very nice work on the tank. Puts billy lane to shame.
Sometimes I think we as a whole just want to step back and see what you do. Obviously you don't need our help. The only tank I could build would be a coffin tank. Or a tank that belongs on a roto tiller.

Haha, that would be one badass roto tiller! You guys have actually been a huge help! I spent a bunch of time on this forum just reading before I even started the project. I feel like I've got a good grip on the fab end of things, but I still don't know much about these bikes :D

Dang it! In hindsight, that's what I should've done with mine. I think you'll find the kickstarting gymnastics a little easier with that...

Yeah! It definitely gives me some room to kick! When I first started making templates for the seat it seemed a bit too wide stock. Kinda flows better with the tank too.

Great looking tank, well done sir, that is going to be a great build. Congrats so far.

Thank you BobbedSled!

Back