xs1 color code???

Pennies Earned

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
wandering what the color code is for the xs1?

xs1.jpg

Somewhere, somehow, someday, we'll crack the mystical Yamaha paint code!
Plenty have tried before, it's easy to get the Yamaha colour id code. This does not however translate into anything your paint shop can use.

Top results MAY be gotten from using a spectrometer (most good paint shops have them), though you need a good piece they can analyse.

So it's either that, or a top painter with a top eye, or a carefully & respectfully worded letter to Japan. Like I said, the info must be out there somewhere, question is where!

- even here where we have good contacts in yamaha we havent yet been able to crack that

- your colour name is ...candy green - 0064 XS1 also had ...candy orange - 0052

- XS2 had - pearl yellow gold - 0011, Brilliant red - 0063 and black, and brilliant red - 0063 and white

There seems to be a big issue on the 71 XS650 paint code and color. While most references out there state that the 71 came with Candy Orange, many owners dispute this as samples show up with two different shades in 71. If you go source pics of other models that used Candy Orange you will see they are extremely orange , where as a lot of 71's, like mine, are more of a yellow gold combination. There is a Yamaha code for Pearl Yellow Gold, which might be the proper one, but it has proven so far, very hard to find sample pics of this code. There is present a DT1 part for sale on Ebay, that claims 100% that it is Pearl Yellow Gold and yet it looks very orange. I have seen several bikes repainted over the years and have seen both the orange and the yellow gold{but not close}??? I would like the owners of original 71's to post as many pics as they can in the sunlight and overcast so that we can see the different colors. I am ready to repaint my latest 71 and it want it to be like my original bike, which was not orange by any means. So, your help is needed here for all owners who are going to need this info and then we can maybe claim to have the right and proper source for the color.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1971-Yamaha-XS1-B-Yellow-901-0.jpg
    1971-Yamaha-XS1-B-Yellow-901-0.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3,399
  • 71 SIDE COVERS.jpg
    71 SIDE COVERS.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 796
  • ORIG 4.jpg
    ORIG 4.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 590
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg