Wanted - XS1 Head

Bewarethemoon

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is a real long shot. I’m always searching eBay and not much ever pops up so I thought I’d try my luck here.

Ideally an unmolested bare head but please let me know whatever you have.

I’m happy to arrange shipping to the UK once things settle down.

Regards. Daniel.

I have a couple of xs1 heads, let me did them out and see what I have, does your need have a 3 bolt valve cover on both exhaust valves, or the four hole cover,

That would be great! Thank you!

Hmmm, I hadn’t thought about the three bolt valve cover vs 4.

Am I right in thinking that it’s either both three hole or one three and one four?
If that is the case then I suppose 3 on both?

Looking forward to hearing back soon. Regards. Daniel.

it is either 3 hole on both valve covers (exhaust) or 4 hole on the left only

I have a couple of xs1 heads, let me did them out and see what I have, does your need have a 3 bolt valve cover on both exhaust valves, or the four hole cover,
Do your XS1 heads have vacuum balance spigots of bottom of intakes ports?

yes on the spigots to balance

but i dont think any head ever had 4 bolts on both valve covers for the exhaust

ok cool I have those, i have one in very good shape, its complete with valves and springs,
I know they are pretty rare and I dont want to overcharge, whats one go for?

i went looking on the web to see if i could find one for comparison price, but it apears there are none left in the world, lol... well im not here in the clasifieds to make money ,I build bikes for fun and if its to expencive the fun goes away, let me know whats a resonable price for you and we can see if thats a workable price, also I have founf that dsl shipping eems the best to the UK

Sounds great! I’m not looking for a ‘deal’ just a fair price for something I’ll most likely have for the rest of my day’s.

I won’t be using the valves or springs so you’re more than welcome to keep those?

As to price, no idea mate! What would you be happy with???

going to get photos this evening, weeell my evening, your in UK right,
what time is TEA?

head1.jpg head2.jpg head3.jpg head4.jpg head5.jpg head6.jpg head7.jpg head8.jpg head9.jpg head10.jpg
head1-jpg.164608
head2-jpg.164609
head3-jpg.164610
head4-jpg.164611
head5-jpg.164612
head6-jpg.164613
head7-jpg.164614
head8-jpg.164615
head9-jpg.164616
head10-jpg.164617

this head is in great shape, all the threded holes are in perfect condition,its complete with valves and springs,retainers. I dont think it will even need the valves lapped as it came of a great running motor with a 750 kit, the ports are unmolested and valve guides tight as they should be.. it is missing the tiny top fin... and has a scar inside where the cam rides, but it will not efect the use of the head.... i dont really want to dismantle it and sell it bare considering its a good bolt on piece, its clean and ready to ship,im thinking 200.00

Jim ,how U doing? Im gonna start that "follow along engine build soon I promiss lol,
Is the head no usuable with the guys rocker box? I dont want to sell something he cant use,
with the 447 heads I have mixed and matched rockerboxes before

Back