Make Offer - Xs1 vintage track master project located in southern Montana

I drove to North Dakota to buy an XS1 one time.
Came home with two XS1's
I see Betor and grimeca?
Someone started a street a tracker conversion?
Is the rear hub quick change?
Top triples are special lot O holes
LH sidecover kinda looks like @halfmile 's work?

Thanks gggGary
Pretty sure they are betor forks
I got this bike ten or twelve years ago from a kid in Bozeman- it was just a bunch of parts, I think it came from one of his family members that was big into racing somewhere in the Midwest. I just wanted to put it together for making noise and riding on the old dirt roads where I live but I just can’t find the time anymore.
It seems like a great piece of memorabilia for the xs650 enthusiast.

17 hr 22 min (1,206 miles)
via I-94 W
Fastest route now due to traffic conditions
That and having similar bones quietly rusting in the SOIR
tracker 002 (2).JPG

fawk..........

@cra-z1 ??
Hope it finds a deserving home!

Last edited:
17 hr 22 min (1,206 miles)
via I-94 W
Fastest route now due to traffic conditions
That and having similar bones quietly rusting in the SOIR
View attachment 261169

fawk..........

@cra-z1 ??
Hope it finds a deserving home!

Thanks gggGary- is that your bike? Nice!
I had to look up SOIR
Simultaneous Operations on Intersecting Runways? If so, I’m going to use that one!

Me likey, too bad I have 2 Trackmaster frames now, however 3rd times a charm., hmmmmmm........
Two!! Nice!
This one seems to be a bit different than the one in ggGarys pic-
I wonder if any of you guys have pics of the front engine mounts for me to compare?
I might take the tank and some stuff off for more pics this week

Trackmaster over the course of changes in ownership did at least 3 different front motor mounts that I'm familiar with. The remainder though of that chassis is absolute Trackmaster form. The base mount is through the lower frame tubes, the lower rear mount are two tabs welded to a cross member, the upper rear mount is two spacer tubes welded through the back bone with triangle plates to the motor. They didn't always do a top mount, when I ordered my first one back in '77 Phil Haskel there told me is wasn't necessary and generally not used.
I have one where the front mount is just 2 tabs welded to a cross member and uses a couple spacers, my later one that has a mount that looks more like the Yam factory mount.
Curious though, is that an electric start motor you have? Does not appear to be.

Trackmaster canted/tilted the engine forward about 10°, also the backbone tube made a smooth bend at the rear frame juncture and then at the bottom below the swingarm it had a second bend forward to the lower cross member and was nicely sealed off.

Paid a bit more, I sent him my triple trees, rear wheel and stock gas tank and he bracketed and fitted them all. Use a rear brake cable from a Kawasaki 400 triple to the rear brake with a special fitting I made for the brake stay, he fitted it, fabricated a brake pedal, uses XS rear drum hub. Turned the stem for the stock trees to fit 1" tapered bearings. All in I was up in the $700+ range as I recall
Looking back now a real bargain for all the work he did

Last edited:
What would you put for a price on VFT?

What you have here is a very desirable frame. I don't think anyone is looking at anything else but the frame. The wheels, engines, etc are fairly common items... the frame isn't.
Put another way.... you're in the drivers seat. :whistle:

If it were me, I'd put a price out there I would like to get. It don't mean that's what you'll get, but to haggle, ya gotta have a starting point. If you don't get any takers (or offers), drop the price a little... but start at what you'd like to see and go from there.

Half mile, that's around the figure I was going to suggest, the frame is the major component, used but still in usable condition, they go for around $1500, the surrounding engine and components for another $1500 as package that needs work

Back