XS1B650 Just Purchased

Malc S

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I just wanted to say Hi and share with you some pic's of my recent purchase on eBay UK.
Please check out my album.
I Believe its a XS1B650.
I wont be collecting it for another 3 weeks as its in the North of England and I'm in the south, Some 700 mile round trip.
I Have bought this somewhat blind and have taken a bit of a gamble, The engine is ment to run "Sweet" and overall its described as tidy.
It needs some TLC but it looks like it is all there apart from a few bits and pieces.
I have been after a XS1B for years, but they are like hens teeth to get hold of here in the UK.
I had 2 x XS2650'S In the 70's (a couple of years apart) and have always regretted selling them.
My plan is to get it road worthy and register it for the UK and enjoy the summer months on it. (if we get any)
Early next year I will under take a medium restoration on it, Not show stuff just tidy it up, Bearing changes, Frame powder coating, Wheel rebuilds and polish the alloy bits ect.
If anyone is interested I will post my progress and I would love any advice that may be of help to me.
http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/1644/

Link to album: http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/1644/

The paint looks nice. Do you know if it was redone?
Hi Travis. Not seen the bike in the flesh yet, However the seller informs me that the paint work is very good but not original ?
Over time I will look to get original mudguards, steering damper, rear foot rests, head light shell, and chain guard. but I plan to obtain parts whilst getting some summer use out of it. No rush.
Whats you impression of it ?
Malc

Hi Malc,
Looks pretty good . It looks like it has a 73 seat as well . it's in way better shape than both of my 71s when I got them . Just keep chipping away at it .
Regards,
CPKID

Hey Malc S, welcome to the forum.
I'm as excited as you to get it home. Sure, it has several non-period items, but looks like a very presentable rider. On U S eBay, there's a set of pegs you want, but going fast! I've got (2), check my album, glad to help on XS1B specific questions...

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a good canidate for a restoration. I have an unmolested original 71b, so if I can help with photos or anything I'd be glad to help.

welcome Malc . You certainly got that at a good price. Pity you had to buy one at the other end of the Country ...literally..:(

I like the colour scheme a lot , I wonder what the frame would look like powder coated that colour ?

Soton is not too far away from the Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford . There is a Japfest there this September , hope you can make it .:thumbsup:

Hi Peanut
I love the Colour too, I also like the ones I've seen in Green and in Red. Mind you both my XS2650'S I had years ago where Orange and Black and they looked the business as well.
Frame will have to stay black, I restored one of my Gs650 Katana's last year and had the frame done in a Satan finish which looks great. My Wife informs me that I may be away in Majorca for the Japfest which I'm not happy about as quite a few of the Jap Classics from Romsey are going up and I'm sure it will be a fantastic day. If I can make it I will post you and hopefully meet. I'm hoping I've got the XS1B for a good price, however I'm expecting to chuck some cash at it.
Regards
Malc

Welcome to the site. Nice looking bike. Pick it up ride it home if it is road worthy. A 700 mile road trip will tell a lot about it. Good luck with the restoration. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I read a while ago that there was about 40 XS1B's in the UK, But I have only seen one on eBay prior to this one. I'm like a kid ticking the day's off until I collect it

Back