XS2 Carb question - tiny brass tube

stange_dk

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have recently gotten my hands on a semi barn fresh XS2 in quite original condition. Since it's been sitting for some years I am going to clean it up and give a good service.

In that process I took off the carbs to clean them and found that a little brass tube is missing from one carb body. I dips into the bottom... I am not totally sure of its function. See photos.

1. Will the bike run without it?
2. Where might I get one? there seems to be no rebuild kits that have this tube...

Thanks!
IMG_5944.JPG
IMG_5943.JPG

That's the pickup tube for the starter (enrichner).
The 72-73 XS2/TX650 carbs have only one starter/choke plunger, on the left carb only. The starter fuel is shared to the right carb by way of an external interconnect tube. As such, the right carb has no starter/enrichner parts, no plunger or pickup tube...

That's the pickup tube for the starter (enrichner).
The 72-73 XS2/TX650 carbs have only one starter/choke plunger, on the left carb only. The starter fuel is shared to the right carb by way of an external interconnect tube. As such, the right carb has no starter/enrichner parts, no plunger or pickup tube...

Ahh that makes sense - thank you so much for the quick reply - now I can get my carbs back together :)

Back