XS650 Craigslist postings depository

She just sent me another email urging me to get it done today. My reply....

Untitled.png

They get aggressive....better look out, lol

best thing to be done is to report the scam to the police with all the emails.....might seem pointless but they need information to be able to act and can only built information if people give it to them........Contact any motorcycle club or any organization that you are involved in where people are likely to buy bikes.......Don't a major percentage of airline engineers/pilots own bikes.......Craigslist must have a contact so scammers can be reported............

Give the information to guys like Marty and the 650 society...............I will give this this link to our own 650 club............

Nicely done........did you send this thread link to Vanessa the special needs nurse........

Jim,
You could try contacting your local District Attorney's office, and ask how to proceed. If this is interstate, the Feds are going to want to get in on it. You guys may have stumbled onto something very big... :yikes:

Jim!
Man, that was a fun ride.
Thanx for taking us along.

Tried accessing that fake .net site, seems to redirect you to the normal eBay. Which indicates that it's likely an already known scam site.

Ebay's alert about "Internet Vehicle Scams on Craigslist":

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html

Edit: If the above link fails, and redirects to eBay main site, you have to select/copy/paste the text of that link into your browser.

An old article that contains a similar site name:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63749-2005Mar1.html?noredirect=on

Last edited:
Dunno, Mr... They look like motors and engine frame loops with necks. The one has later model forks on it, and the other has, what, some kinda dirt bike forks on it? The rest, meh... Only if they could be had for really cheap (if they even exist. see earlier posts, above, about scams) would I even think about them. $2,200.00 for both? What? I don't care if they run or not. They look like death traps on wheels to me, requiring, like, new everything. I'd give him $200.00, each, $500.00 for both, tops.

Haha Tebo, you didn't like the gears-lever for the forward control rear brake or the wooden seat or the single carb?
I'm not suppose to criticize other's build, for if I would, well, I could fill up lots of pages. Each to his/her own...:twocents:
I wouldn't buy them or others like 'em either.

Back