XS650 popularity in Australia

hi ya S J not sure now many xs650 made it into Aus but thiers a quite a few still doing it on the road,& god knows how many sitting in sheds etc.we have to pay a lot more for a bike than you lucky people, good bikes go for $4000-$7000 depending on cond.& location etc. up here in the north ride all year round,but its the wet season now so not rideing as much as I would like,still the odd bargin to be found,bought 2 for $600 awhile back,cosmetily poor & sezied engines etc. but all there, getting hard to find butt.Sun's out so better fire the old girl up & go for a ride(SF 750 rephase) take care S B

Yeah prices here are borderline ridiculous. 30 yo stock bikes going for 5-6k. Check out bikesales.com.au for some examples. Gotta look real real hard for bargins! Even dismantled non runners go for 2k+ on ebay!

hi i,ve been an aussie member for 10 years ,,, their web site seems alot slower as compared to xs650.com ... but the again it doesn.t seem to have had the work put into into it be very carefull what you you try and buy aussie made ..as i did buying aussie made ,,and it was sub standard made and overcharged as well,,, don,t forget the aussie market was small as usa and world wilde... and and limited regards oldbiker

Last edited:
Mate, with an area the size of the USA, and a population of 20 mill, (not much more than NYC). Pretty good road network, great weather all year round. Australia pretty much cant be beat. We are so lucky that so fddw have wised up to it yet. A Pommie mate who saw the light and immigrated, was asked if he had a criminal record, to which he replied "I didnt know it was still a requirment" lol. So wrap yourselves up for the big freeze, I'm off to the beach, when I get back I'll arc up the barby and we'll chuck on a few extra shrimp for ya all. Cheers:D

Posted via Mobile

Any idea how many were imported down under between 1970-1982? Seems like the perfect bike for your country. Low maint, thrifty, tough , dependable..... I could see riding my 78 Roadster (pic below)all the way around the contenient and into Alice Springs....would that be a trip !

Last edited:
Head on down next harvest Pro man, triple road trains (62 wheels) of grain oughta get you started. Then you can go on the big girls, 76 wheels, carting fuel. Theres always off road if thats more your style, 100t super lifts. Just make sure you bring your bike. cheers

Posted via Mobile

quite often a big demand for seasonal grain cartage. You could do 6 months a year here, then back to the US for the other half of the year, hell i might even come with ya, my bro in law is in LA!

Posted via Mobile

yep, need twin engine for off shore work. Shit, why dont you all come over. :D

Posted via Mobile

How long would it take to ride around Australia if you covered 2 hundred miles a day?

depends on whether the dingos, snakes, crocs, what's the dragon?, spiders, ants or drop bears leave you alone long enough to do it, not to mention if you go into the water jellyfish, octopus, sharks, sea snakes, eels... did I miss any? :laugh:

Kimono dragon. Like a big snake wearing Japanese women's clothes.
:laugh:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/lost-tapes/devil-dragon/

Last edited:
hi you get triple 'b' 70ft long,,, or a doble "b" but alot don,t go into major cities like melbourne sydney,, etc.. regards oldbiker

Back