xs650 trackmaster street project

got the spacers done a couple weeks ago for the front wheel. picked up another norton hub too. now im just waiting for me to recover from christmas so i can order a rim and spokes drom buchanons. and need to order a set of shocks for it too.

7b2fcc33.jpg

weelll its been awhile i guess time for a update.

i have been working on the bike, but slowly. i got my motor tore part of the way down and tore my junk motor apart for the pieces i need and bought a crank off ebay so when it stays halfway warm i can use my big box of stuff from mikesxs to get the motor put together. been collecting and buying other parts to put it together too. i pretty much have all i need except for little stuff so hopefully it'll still be ready for this summer. but on to some pics of the little i have done

i took the stock norton front hub and speed drilled for looks and i think it came out pretty good for me doing it on a drillpress.
e8824d1a.jpg

then it was on to polishing it after having it glass beaded, this was before the final polish of mothers.
e1c25503.jpg

and then lace the hub up to my new excell wheel with stainless spokes
9de75655.jpg

e24568cf.jpg

fa215cbd.jpg

69d4f86e.jpg

and sitting next to a stock norton wheel
30399a44.jpg

also got my new shocks in. went with works performance billet trackers just for the looks and man do they look good
ded19f45.jpg

95f907c2.jpg

the new tank and seat and inner fender should be here this week hopefully :banghead: i hate waiting. but when they do ill snap some pics

Very Nice work, will be beautiful when done. :thumbsup:
Where did you pick up those works performance shocks? those should work great.

WOW talk about coincidence the night you posted that I had just started pulling pieces back out to start working on the bike. I have done nothing to it in over a year after my fiasco with grandprix Speedwork on the tank and seat. I was just so disappointed and mad I kinda just forgot about the bike and shelved everything.

But I think it's time to start back on it and see if I can get it together. I still need to figure out what to do with the tank and tail. I really liked the carbon fiber and would like to do it that way but I have no clue on someone to build me one. I did talk to roc city cafe and he was down for making one in aluminum but I don't know, maybe?

Great find! However, there might be a bit of rain on your parade ...
When finished the bike is going to vibrate like there's no tomorrow because there is no bracket to secure the top engine mount. You really will run some risks of cracking, brackets failing, etc.
The flat track frames made by C&J to the Yam factory race shop specs do have a top mount and were the primary frame choice of most XS racers.
I know it is blasphemy to say this, but it would be better to add provisions for a top mount.
Perhaps some sort of cleverly designed bolt on affair might work if you want to avoid welding at all costs?
Just sayin'

Back