Yet another "No Spark" Thread

WannaBeFabrication

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Now I know this has been talked about many many times, and I've read all the threads but nothing pertaining to my particular situation. So here's the deal. When I bought the bike, it already had a PMA system installed. I installed a Sparx Capacitor and a PAMCO unit with an EMGO 12v coil. After everything it wired up, I've got power throughout the system except for out of the Coil to the spark plugs. My coil is testing well, and the plugs are new (NGK). I tested with the stock coil with the same result. Resistance between the two spark plug caps is normal as well. I tested at the PAMCO board and everything tests well there also. I'm at a loss. I do have a set of DYNA 5 Ohm coils I have yet to try but they're for my Old Lady's CB350four Cafe project so I'm trying not to break them up. Any ideas? Carbs are tuned up, floats are set, gas is waiting, just need the spark to get this thing running.

You can try manually breaking the circuit on the primary side of the coils and seeing if they fire. 12 volts hot on the one side and then just tap the engine with the ground side of the coil and see if you get a spark. Beyond that I don't know the wiring of those kits off hand and don't have a diagram laying about.

Back