Zombie Bobb build thread in Houston, Texas

No need to apologize brother; I REALLY appreciate the effort. Don't mind the Amarillo comment, I was just joshing ya!

Any lead is a good lead. I might just be too picky for my own good.

I also found a 66 bs90 locally. CHEAP.

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
Found a basket case in boxes yamaha xz550 locally that I can pick up cheap? It's like an 82/83. Do you think I could use the wheels? I was going to pick it up for maybe some bolt ons?

$50 didn't sound like a bad deal.

.....Dual Mikuni BD34, downdraft carburetors.....

i just picked up a 1980 yamaha xs650 basket case. it was in league city and was a random craigslist ad. goodluck on your search they are out there somewhere

Not at all. I paid 700 for it. Some day that's a little High. But it's an xs650, it's restorable and it was close by rather than paying for the high shipping costs

There's a xs400 project in Austin and a few finished 650's for a bit more coin. search craigslist.

I don't know much about the 400s. maybe someone else can chime in?

Thanks bud, I search Houston all the time and occasionally Austin......

Oh and btw I totaled my CTS and upgraded to a V; still all black.

Blaster has a 13 40 set of sprockets.....

With the xs being 17 32, correct me if I am wrong....

Easy fix.

Looking at the swing arms, I should be able to graft them together and make a nice softail conversion and then clean up the XS frame. Use the blaster rear brake and voila in a matter if minutes a REAL XS Trike.

Last edited:
XS650s have a 17/34 sprocket set from factory... 17/32 would slightly lower revs at highway speeds. 13/40 would not be kind to anything other that a drag bike

Back