A Rupp story

For me, it was not a question of so poor, there just weren't any around. In my time and town, there was an abandoned clay pit and brickworks where we all rode whatever we had; most of us had stripped-down bicycles, some of the older kids had stripped-down Honda S90's and the real cool kids had older Jawa or CZ motocrossers. There was a BSA 250 or two and maybe even a 441 Victor. We're talking late 60's.
My older brother and I threw newspapers (Denver Post) on the military base my dad was stationed at during the early '70s. We ended up buying a Honda CT70 with our newspaper money.

Good golly, Miss Molly!!! Look what showed up locally; a largely original 52 year old minibike. Had to buy it, of course. 71 Rupp, original Tecumseh HS40 engine and Rupp-branded tires, original paint, fenders, exhaust pipe, bars, chainguard, stand, torque converter, tank etc. Probably a repro set cover, non-original throttle. Starts easily and runs well, but burns a little blue / blow-by out the crankcase breather. Pretty cool piece, in my eyes.

001 (7).jpg010 (5).jpg012 (3).jpg

Good golly, Miss Molly!!! Look what showed up locally; a largely original 52 year old minibike. Had to buy it, of course. 71 Rupp, original Tecumseh HS40 engine and Rupp-branded tires, original paint, fenders, exhaust pipe, bars, chainguard, stand, torque converter, tank etc. Probably a repro set cover, non-original throttle. Starts easily and runs well, but burns a little blue / blow-by out the crankcase breather. Pretty cool piece, in my eyes.

View attachment 248211View attachment 248212View attachment 248213

View attachment 248211View attachment 248212View attachment 248213
Have you considered a trip to Aspen on it with your best friend? I hear that there's a briefcase that needs delivering.

Back