Hey, from Michigan

durgam_K

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ive been into 650's for a couple years now, and have built a real nice bobber for a friend, now its my turn to build one for me. Cafe style. Im a CNC machinist and programmer by trade, so I can offer lots of advice in that area if needed. I hope to gain plenty of info,and share some as well. thanks.

Welcome aboard lots of knowledge here! Are you experienced on a lathe? I just got one last week and can't wait to use it. Its a south bend model c from what I can tell. The serial on it puts it between 1937 and 1941. Should be interesting.

Posted via Mobile

Ive got plenty of experience on a lathe, even some time on a relic like that one.LOL. Thos are good machines, and last a long time. As long as you can handle a little belt squeak.

Im in Southgate, downriver, just south of Detroit. I have a CB750 cafe, so now Im doing my bobber. Nice to see other Mi riders.

There seems to be a growing crowd of vintage enthusiasts around here. Very good to see. thank for all the warm welcomes.

detroit here.

one of these days it i wouldnt mind getting together with other xs peeps for a detroit creep. any of you guys in the area interested? very unlikely this year though since both of my bikes are in pieces at the moment.

Im very interested in something like that. Although, my XS is too, in similar shape, with some of it still in my head, and on napkins.:)

Back