Inline Fuse Holder

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
I found this inline fuse holder at the local marine store. It is an injection molded PVC holder. They come in 15, 20, and 30 amp (what he had there) and retailed at $5.00. I bought a 20 amp that came with 12 gauge wire. They are made by " Sea Dog Line" #420554-1 (20 AMP). It's made for boats, but what I really like compared to the others I've used, is that it is extremely tight fitting. It's water proof too. I bought one from NAPA, the spring loaded one with a twist top, and the top kept popping off and was sloppy feeling. This one you just push together and with the ridged ends it snaps tight.
Quite a sturdy fuse holder!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• fuse1.jpg
    fuse1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 81
I've used them myself. With a little tag (tape) to identify which circuit is which, they're a lot better than the OEM fuse box.

I'll try and get some pictures of the "fuse box" that is on one of the XS junkers I bought this week-- you'll crack up when you see it.

And then there's the one with the Buick horns, wired straight through with no relay, that probably stalled the engine when the horn button was pushed.

I like the blade fuses as well. I'm using my original fuse box for right now. I got the inline for my boat and thought it would work great on the bike. The one I got from NAPA is just cheap. I don't like that the top feels sloppy, pops off, and I'm a little weary about that spring in it. This one is comparable to the blade type for ruggedness and durability depending on what style you like.

I changed all of my fuses from the glass fuse type to the blade type fuses with the rubber housing...Peep Boys has alot of different fuse holders to choose from..Also, I found that the blade fuses and fuse holders are much more commom to find.

I want to try the inline in order to "stream-line" the look. Not sure what I'm gonna do though. I like both styles. But I am getting rid of the fuse box. Or find a better one that doesn't look like so industrial.

Back