Motorcyclist Magazine...100yrs old!!!

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
I enjoy a good magazine and Motorcyclist is one of them. It's a well written mag and has good, useful info in it. Some may disagree, but I like it. I know, I know, lots of people like pretty chicks, with a neck tattoo that say's "Darryll", covering up the showcased bike so you can't even see the thing. But how surprised was I when I read, in "Cat Tales" pg.9/Oct2011, that next July they will be celebrating their 100th birthday? Wow, 100! Apparently they will be showcasing vintage articles from yester-year in all 12 issues for 2012. That's cool. Who doesn't like to read old school articles about bikes? These articles go back a long way too.

Also in "Cat Tales" the author, Brian Catterson (Catterson, Cat Tales, get it?), is putting out an APB on all past, vintage issues, mainly from the 20's, and any other merchandise, patches, hats, pins, ect, that bare the Motorcyclist magazine name. So if you have any of this, he wants it.

Keith Code, "Code Break", also has some great tips on riding and there are some great articles about what's "new" in the industry. If you haven't checked Motorcyclist out before, it's worth the $5.00, but, unfortunately, there are no pictures of some woman with "Slippery When Wet" branded on her thigh.

Last edited:
That sounds like something I'd like to check out! I wonder if News Center and similar places have it? I have never seen it.

Thanks, Bill!

TC

I stopped buying Motorcyclist Magazine ,mostly because Brian Catterson has his nose so far up Ducati's butt, nothing else is important to him. He started to sound like one endless commercial for Ducati.

But that's just me, I'm sure the rag has some merit.

Back