Trade - My 79 XS650 Standard for Your XS650 Special

RockingThePartyDJ

XS650 Obsessed
Reaction score
Working A Deal with GGGary

Alright here's the deal, I have a 79 XS650 Standard I picked up and was going to chop it this next week and hardtail it. and some of the forum members suggest that I sell or trade it to another forum member for their special if they want to restore the standard as the 79 may supposedly be a rare one of the standard models??? I don't know if that's true but I do have a heart regarding chopping standards and all of the complete standards I have picked up to date have been sold to members who wanted to restore them, again all but one the first XS650's I ever owned was a standard that I got from the scrap yard I pulled out of a pile of scrap metal and rescued it right before it was crushed but all of the tins and lights were busted or bent beyond saving, but curiously enough no fins on engine were damaged??? anyways back to the 79 Standard, I have a clean wisconsin title in hand and it kicks over with significant compression tested with my calf muscle LOL it hasnt been on the road nor possibly ran since 2004 based on the plate on it. want to trade it straight up for a running special with clean title, but if it has mags I want $250 cash along with the trade but if it has spoke wheels preferably not a heritage 64/48 spoke but maybe, I would prefer 36 spoke wheels, if so you would need no extra cash but yours needs to run if i'm gonna do this. If anyone wants to take me up on this offer it needs to happen now or within the next week or so as I need to start my build off chop now!!!!!!

20150510_125522_zpsosx2lz7f.jpg

20150510_125504_zpsgl772yxd.jpg

I may keep the windshield or sell separately.

Last edited:
I would be interested if it wasn't for the time constraint.
It would be end of June, first part of July before I had time.
I have an '83 HS with the stock wheels after I change it back to stock.
If you part it, I'd be interested in the tank, tins and seat.

Back