Newbie making an appearance

McGyver62

McGyver62
Reaction score
Hi Everyone thought I would stop lurking and say hi. Really enjoying all the informative posts and good natured banter that goes on here . Really digging all the cool rides and all the blood sweat and tears I know you put into each and every one . Presently working on 1971 XS . So far Just pressure washed all the mud off and replaced the front end with one from a 2001 sporty.Planning on a hardtail for this project Pics to follow .Peace Mac

Hey Mac, Welcome.

Is that 71 in decent shape? If so you'd be money ahead to put it back together, sell it, and buy a later year XS650 to chop. :twocents:

If you're going to continue with the chop, I'll take the 71 front wheel off of your hands :wink2:

Thanks for the welcome . No danger of me bleeding out here lol. The 71 was raped of all its goodies including the wiring . painted tremclad blue and being used as a dirt bike .I have not decided what im doing with the extra bits yet but you will be the first to know :) Off to my job interview for the city .wish me luck ! Peace Mac

"The 71 was raped of all its goodies including the wiring . painted tremclad blue and being used as a dirt bike ".

There is a special circle of hell for whoever did that.

the previous owner had two of these. MIne was a parts bike I guess. His sons will be roasting in that special circle lol. And in answer to the question thats coming ......Yes he still has the other and it is well worth restoring .

Back