Self promotion- kinda relative...a "H.O.G." project

Thanks, I am Carbon, Like to show my work where I can. Helps finance the bike restore. I'm a newbie and am in the process of a pamco and a pmi. Well, "in the process" means I haven't bought them yet but I've done all the tests that say my stock rotor/stator is done... 2 Ohms on the ring test etc.
Cheers,
wannarat

http://www.zhibit.org/firesteel

Last edited:
Nice! Good on ya for helping out.
Downeaster,

Thanks for looking at my steel site.
I too am going to stay pretty stock. I am also being convinced that I should get electronic as I bought this '82 Heritage with a worn stator, not having to maintain brushes and such would be nice too. Wonder though, is a 130 (watt?) or 200 (watt?) what I should use? One too hot the other under power? Value an opinion.
-wannarat

Last edited:
Nice sculpture work. Many art forms, I just don't "get" but that, I get. The 3 hot fish is especially neat. I could see something like that in my back yard party pit, when I get it done.

Thanks for looking guys, ya know how it is when something turns out way better than you thought it would? Hope my mechanic skills are the same. :)

No opinion on the PMA (Permanent Magnet Alternator) as I have no experience. I'm still using the stock alternator setup with just a fresh set of brushes. I do have the PAMCO electronic ignition and it's a Godsend.

Thanks for looking guys, ya know how it is when something turns out way better than you thought it would? Hope my mechanic skills are the same. :)

If you can build a house, you can build a bike. I think...... well that's what I'm holdin to. Good luck man

Yeah I need the alternator to charge and that's where I'll start. I don't mind the stator/rotor it's just that for the cost of a new stator I could buy a PMA charging system. beer/champagne :)

Back