Sellers remorse (insert sad face here)

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
..... Tomorrow a guy drives up from Iowa.. picks up a Cb450 Honda I got it a couple years ago. Last ran 1988.... got it running.. new master, rebuild caliper and then sat it aside... " I'll get back to it... later.... " Put my 68' BSA Lightening on consignment at a local shop.... going to start selling others... it'll take time.... at the tender age of.... 72.... it's time.... keep a few... 😎

Can't take em with ya. Use the money on some good trips.

I tend to hord things and have trouble cutting the cord. Even junk.........Yep know that feeling
I'm getting rid of stuff as well. If it has been in a box for 20 years, I clearly don't need it. Slowly, but surely, it's going away. NOT MOTORBIKES! I'm hoarding those.

I was trying to go down to three bikes but then my latest XS2 popped up on FBMP last spring. Darn it! Still holding at 5 however my parts are dwindling as I refuse to buy anymore parts bikes until I hit my #. It just takes time.

I'm trying to downsize & rationalise as well. Give meself less aggravation from less aggregation so to say. The amount of work running a collection of motorbikes seems to go up exponentially - cleaning, taxing, registering, insuring, servicing. Oh and finding the time to ride them all. At least often enough to justify them.

Ahem, but won't the impulse purchase of a Royal Enfield Interceptor mean number of bikes will increase? Are motorbikes a mild form of mental illness?

Can't take em with ya. Use the money on some good trips.

I tend to hord things and have trouble cutting the cord. Even junk.........Yep know that feeling
Trips ... besides crossing the states several times.... m/c events... mooching at relatives .... we're great moochers... we'r very fortunate to take trips... last year eastern block countries.... (5) loved Vienna ... this year a " Band of Brothers " tour in Sept.... we did China.... which I highly recommend .... couple of weeks after we returned.. Covid ...... my " friend's " blame me... I've mentioned on this forum a friend ... Parkinson's... then Alzhimers .. .. ... has a extensive collection... m/c's... toys, Iestta... old car-truck... swords.... I told him a few years ago... keep what like .. sell the rest and enjoy ... trips... spending the money.... Now... he gets naked..... hides under a table at his secured adult care center..... we have to start selling his collection..... to fund the adult center.... His story help'd me to heed my own advice to him..... 😎

I'm trying to downsize & rationalise as well. Give meself less aggravation from less aggregation so to say. The amount of work running a collection of motorbikes seems to go up exponentially - cleaning, taxing, registering, insuring, servicing. Oh and finding the time to ride them all. At least often enough to justify them.

Ahem, but won't the impulse purchase of a Royal Enfield Interceptor mean number of bikes will increase? Are motorbikes a mild form of mental illness?
M/c mental illness ... ? a condition to which no one seeks a cure.... It's a great hobby.... we all enjoy a sense of accomplishment with working on them.... getting them running .. from neglect... PO's that were clueless.... for our personal enjoyment..... I've met many... many great people with this hobby over the years... and one or two complete pricks.... It's been a good journey. 😎 PS: I bought a 650 Interceptor ...... great bike..... it's been said we all have bikes that need us.... this Interceptor doesn't need me.... except to take it our... for adventures....

I had a busy weekend doing stuff that needed doing. XS650 was on the lift. I finished doing what I had been doing with it an took it down and put it away. My floor jack gave up the ghost. I've had it since 1988. I bought a kit for it. Cars are due service. I need the jack. I overhauled it. I had to run an errand in the middle of the day. I used the XS11. I stayed busy from early morning to early evening. Up early this morning. Clean up mess it the garage. Went to church. Finished my to-do list. There's a couple small faults on another XS650 to address. At three in the afternoon, I'm done. I threw a leg over the XS650SH and put about 50 miles on it. I parked it and got on the XS650SK. I put 30 miles on it. Adjusted clutch. I think it's good to ride anywhere I need to go. The bike maintenance is fun and rewarding, especially the ride. I'll keep them until I no longer feel that way.

The thrill is gone for just riding around for the sake of riding. Now I need a destination or a reason. One of the reasons I like working on old bikes is going on the test rides.
Alas, the 4 bikes in my garage are working well and need nothing.
Time to come and ride my bikes then...

Clean up mess it the garage. Went to church. Finished my to-do list.
My friends at church have been an anchor in the recent weeks, Church is good.
20230717_161701[1].jpg

Back