Slide diaphram repair?

ProSimex

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I pulls out my slides to raise the needle a notch (black black plugs) when I find that Ive got tiny little holes where the rubber creases. I suspct this is the reason my bike is running rich cus it wasnt before. Just did a chck on mikes and lo and behold it aint cheap to replace. :doh:

So the question

It might sound dumb but has anyone had any luck just saying F$%k it and patching it up with tube repair kit or something similar?

I know that replacing them is inevitable but money is tight right now. Im gonna give it a shot and see what happens :bike:

I can't even bring myself to describe the stuff that's been tried or used to seal a tear, rip or pin hole in an old CV diaphragm.
Replacement JBM diaphragms not only work as well or better than OEM but; are DIY easy to install, reasonably priced and of excellent compression molded heat cured quality TSR rubber. Just get a set and have them at the ready. It's not an "IF"... It's a "WHEN" with 30+ year old rubber parts (as good as they must have been new).

http://www.jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html Blue

Last edited:
Just did this fix last night and as stated it's easy, priced right and works great. Jbm seems to be a great company to buy parts from. He shipped the same day I ordered and he actually answers your e-mails...usually the same day!!

To get you home or to the next paycheck, I hear liquid insulatotor tape or rubber cement works well.

Back