Special handlebar epiphany

Vincenthdfan

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
After looking at numerous Yamaha craigslist ads on the "Search Tempest" today, it finally dawned on me what the handlebars on my less pristine1980 Special are from.

They're a pretty good fit on a 650 Special because they're not full-on wheelbarrow style like on my minty 1980 Special's original bar, yet they still totally fit the motif/astetics of the bike while being lower and less swoopy/laid back.

They're off a 400 Special...I knew I recognized the bend from somewhere, now I know. :laugh:

1694122289375.png

I am not a "Special Bar" aficionado but I understand the search. I went through 3 sets of bars for my Tracker before I found the set I couldn't live with.

I am not a "Special Bar" aficionado but I understand the search. I went through 3 sets of bars for my Tracker before I found the set I couldn't live with.
Yeah, I wasnt really searching to see what they were (previous owner installed them), but I couldnt help but notice after seeing a few XS400 Specials that it was indeed what he used.

I was always wondering when I first bought the bike...I knew they weren't original but were a very good fit.

Back