Stripped carb butterfly screw 34s

apox

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Need some advice Removing a butterfly Shaft screw, the last one! So I stripped it, then proceeded to drill a hole entirely through the center (don't ask) I didn't have any easy outs that small and as I was drilling it out it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I have no idea how to get it out. I was thinking of jb welding a little rod inside the hole and twisting that but there's like a 99% chance id get some on the shaft and make it even harder to get out... I'm out of ideas, help!

Thanks,
Rob

Select a drill bit the size of the shaft of the screw (not the threads) and complete drilling the head off. Then go to the next size smaller get a bite on the shaft and spin it out the bottom. I guess I could go to the shop and get the drill bit sizes but that takes the adventure out of it for you.

got it out today! with a number 1 mastercraft easy out. a little big but I think thats what did the trick, it just barely bit into the drilled out head and came out with little to no resistance. although expensive (5$) for the little bit, its better then a new carb :D

"in easy-outs we trust"

Back