Starter Block of kit

Wally

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have just removed my elec starter & am about to use Micks block of kit to fill the hole But was wondering which piece is the outside bit & the inside bit
Never used one before????
Thanks Wally

Attachments

• 24-6520.jpg
    24-6520.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 153
i don't think it really matters, but i've always put the stepped piece on the inside, and used 1194 liberally to seal it up.

IMHO the stepped piece should be the external piece. The seal is on the OD of the step, if you mount it the other way you give up the additional sealing surface of the flat. The outside seal surface is more apt to be flat than the backside also.

Hello.

I´m also about to mount the block-off kit, got it from Heiden. But just lookin at it tells me I´ll need to get rid of the sprockets inside, right?

Now my homemade engine stand does´nt allow me access to the casing on the opposite side so I´ll mount the kit after the engine is in frame.

These sprockets.....am I able to just pick them out or will that interfer with the rest of the gearbox in some way?

Thanks/BigBoreSwede

Attachments

• FB168769.JPG
    FB168769.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 289
  • FB168775.JPG
    FB168775.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 189
You need to pull the cover on the other side to put the blockoff kit in. Just pull that gear out then. Install the block off kit then put the cover back on.
Removing that gear won't upset the rest of the parts in the starter gears system.

"XSLeo".......I just love those simple answers! If you´re a total "newbe" on engine work you´ll need those answers every once in a while.

/BigBoreSwede

Back