RaceTech Electric OEM Style New Alternator Rotors - R&D Tester Needed

RaceTechElectric_Evan

RaceTech Electric
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm Evan, I run RaceTech Electric here in San Diego, CA (specifically Ocean Beach).
We manufacture stators, voltage regulators, and other motorcycle and powersports electrical components. You can see more about us at www.racetechelectric.com.

We have just finished development and prototyping of our new XS650 alternator charging rotor. It is a stock style OEM replacement rotor, that fits all years of the Yamaha XS650 bikes.

At the moment, I need to run the prototype rotor on an XS to verify fitment, installation, and reliability. I'm looking for preferably a local bike in San Diego to do the install and verification myself. Time is getting critical so I will send the prototype rotor out for testing. I need somebody comfortable and knowledgeable of the electronics and XS650 motor, and can install the rotor and test the charging system.

You will receive a brand new production rotor as soon as they are in stock after testing is complete.

If interested, please contact me!

Evan
evan@racetechelectric.com
858-220-1483 cell
619-928-9015 office

Post it in the garage offering the free rotor after trial. It would be a shameless plug but you offer a product that is needed and it you would get more feedback. I would take it up in a heartbeat but being in Aus causes a few problems:) Good price to.

Same here i am on the east coast and just finishing up a Cafe for a friend and was going to change out charging system to a newer design. I got 40+ years building bikes and would be interested in what you got. You guys the same race tech that make Drag racing Parts. If you want me to test one for you email me at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM and i will tell you if its good or a piece of junk.
The cafe i am doing is all digital and led lights so its all top notch parts on bike. Not your normal street bike.

Hey 650Skull, thanks for the idea. I've got some PM's from members, so I think we'll be OK.
DaddyG, I've got a couple of other guys in line, but I'll keep you posted. We do not make drag parts...not sure who you're thinking of.
We're at www.racetechelectric.com. We specifically make high output stators, regulators, and other electrical components for motorcycles.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all of the offers, help, and PM's. I actually happened onto a very nice local bike today, and the owner's an awesome guy. It's a bone stock rebuilt 81 engine, in a custom rigid frame, bobber style. Beautiful bike. It's also for sale for $5,500 OBO here in San Diego. I can put anyone in touch with the owner if there's interest. He's doing me a favor, so just figured I'd pass the word on it's for sale. Here it is:

462491_10100391149180947_24617445_46437631_376586043_o.jpg

I'll post up a new thread here as soon as I have the production run of my new rotors in stock. I do have regulator/rectifier units in stock NOW for all years of the XS650 (points & CDI ignition models).

Evan

Hey JD,
I'm aware of that, sorry for the confusion. Our new XS650 regulators are in stock on the shelf, but not listed on the website yet. I was waiting until I had my rotors in stock to list them, but I decided today that was pointless, that people would still buy them w/o the regulator. I've sold quite a few over the phone and to dealers as well.

I will have pictures and the product available for sale tomorrow, and I'll post a link to it on here. I also have lots of killer Koso multi-function gauges that would be killer on a chop/bob/cafe XS!

Koso gauges are sharp. Appreciate the fast response. As you have probably read, being responsive and answering the phone will pay huge dividends around here! Best of luck with your product line. We'll talk again soon.

Hey JD750, thanks for the reply. Sorry I haven't been on here lately guys, we've been moving to a new office/shop/warehouse. We just got settled, it took a week to get setup, and get our internet and phones running again. We're in Carlsbad, CA, and it's a great location.

Anyways, I wanted to let you all know our XS650 rotors tested excellent. The fit was perfect, charging output was strong and came on low in the RPM range (lower than the OEM rotor). The bike I tested on didn't have a tach, so I will retest on a bike with a tach soon to give you exact numbers.

I filmed a video documenting the installation process, in case anybody is wondering how to install a rotor:

I'll have the rotors in stock in a couple weeks, you guys will be the first too know!

Are these rewound on OEM shells? Do you trade cores? Ohm's between the slip rings?
Thanks for getting back so quick.

RaceTechElectric_Evan, Looking for rotors for the XS650 and you don't have any on your site.

Are you getting any more.

Back