What’s the problem with the original rotor ? Are they known to fail ? Or is it just due to age you say they are doomed to fail?
It’s age related. They were aged out 20 years ago. At this point, even a very low mileage bike is not safe from a rotor failure at any time. @desmoman900 is a perfect recent example.

Last edited:
What’s the problem with the original rotor ? Are they known to fail ? Or is it just due to age you say they are doomed to fail?
Yes the original coating on the coil wires breaks down and allows them to short together. 50 years in a harsh environment is a long time.

Hi Jim. The rotor finally got here at almost 9 pm last night. Said something about a train derailment holding it up. Anyhow I'm in the process of seeing how it all goes.Gotta lot of other things that need attention. 2088 miles and needs a full resto almost. Not because it's beat up but things that go bad being garaged for 40years. Anyhow she made it. Should I put some kind of epoxy on the four screws holding the ring plate to the body? It had some originally and I removed it thinking it needed out when I was thinking about messing with it myself. Thank you once again. And Happy New Year.

Bump:

Still available. It's an "old style" rotor, modified with the TCI trigger magnet... obviously, it's rewound also. :rolleyes:
I ran it on my test stand and it works exactly like the newer TCI rotors.
Big price drop... $100 out the door to anywhere CONUS.

1705696774094.png

Yeah. Guess I need to pay better attention to my pics when I shoot 'em huh.... :doh:

Back