now this is what your engine should sound like

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
just soak in the sound of this .
Instant throttle response and no ticking clicking tapping knocking rumble noises whatsoever .:thumbsup:

sorry should have said ...its not my bike just something i came across on the tube.

:wink2:

Ummmm, sorry to say this, but mine doesn't clatter like that, or stumble on throttle blip, and it's wore-out. (Dang-it, post a video or it never happened, gotta learn how to do that...)

Ummmm, sorry to say this, but mine doesn't clatter like that, or stumble on throttle blip, and it's wore-out. (Dang-it, post a video or it never happened, gotta learn how to do that...)

I'm probably too jaded from listening to all the out of tune bikes posted on youtube. Some of them are chronically mistimed or out of balance.

lets hear a proper one then TwoMany get a video up lad :thumbsup:

Shows what I know. I have only heard my XS run for a few minutes and it had a dead cylinder at the time. So, my impression of a proper running twin is a bit off. :shrug:

I'm probably too jaded from listening to all the out of tune bikes posted on youtube. Some of them are chronically mistimed or out of balance.

Yeah, the youtube site is awash with 'whut's wrong with my bike' videos.

lets hear a proper one then TwoMany get a video up lad :thumbsup:

Okay. Will figure this out. Signing off for awhile...

At 1:01 and 1:03 it balks at the throttle twice. At 1:07 it looks like the engine is smoking?

I saw that smoke too.:wink2: If they are new pipe wraps then i guess they would smoke a bit at first.
I got the impression it was a new build

Peanut, I think we're on to something here.

Washed/waxed my truck last week. Then pulled it out of the carport to make room for XS1B video, made a smartphone mount for my tripod, set it up, rolled out the bike, and it started to rain. Hard...

Modified Texican raindance. Yeah!

Tried a couple of videos, but if I posted them folks would comment "Your bike sounds like heavy rain on a tin roof!".

So, while waiting for it to dry-up, here's one with a serial number very close to my used-up model:

Peanut, I think we're on to something here.

Washed/waxed my truck last week. Then pulled it out of the carport to make room for XS1B video, made a smartphone mount for my tripod, set it up, rolled out the bike, and it started to rain. Hard...

Modified Texican raindance. Yeah!

Tried a couple of videos, but if I posted them folks would comment "Your bike sounds like heavy rain on a tin roof!".

So, while waiting for it to dry-up, here's one with a serial number very close to my used-up model:
what a gorgeous bike :thumbsup: how on earth do you keep it that immaculate :confused:

How are you guys posting these videos?
Great videos and twomany's, I believe, can't see past posts while posting, is beautiful.

Back