Death By Wheel - Slotted Mags!

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
These are for my next personal build. Thinking of retiring the ol' black and white bike to a life of leisurely sunday rides. I wanted to build a different style of bike next, and its been in the planning stages for a few years. But, thats not the point of this post. I wanted mag wheels on the next build for a few reasons, mostly due to the lack of maintenance and the looks. I bead blasted the wheels to get rid of 30 years of nasty. Unfortunately, mags are heavy and kinda cheap looking, so I decided to machine some tools to hold the wheels on the mill, and went to town shaving off the weight!

100_6090.jpg

100_6092.jpg

Spent some time blending and I left a little more meat on the rear wheel since the bike will be rephased (of course!!) and have some other hot rod stuff going on.

100_6096.jpg

100_6100.jpg

more about it on the blog - http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/

kind of random... what are you using for a mill/drill?? I think I am to the point of looking into investing in one. do you like it? if you had a choice would you get something different?

kind of random... what are you using for a mill/drill?? I think I am to the point of looking into investing in one. do you like it? if you had a choice would you get something different?

This is not my mill, it is at a friends shop here in town. I personally do not like it that much, as making any adjustments is just a pain. I will personally be investing in a Bed Type mill when the funds allow, with a variable speed drive and a self oiler for the bed ways.

BUT, any mill is better than no mill. :laugh:

Punkskalar,

How the hell do you have time to take a crap or knock the wife/gf around with all of these awesome things you are doing with XS's? It's seems that everytime I log on you are coming up with badass stuff that I wish I could afford to do. Keep up the good work!

Did you weigh them before and after to see how much weight you took out with the slots? Inquiring minds want to know.

Back