Email (ugh)

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
1711741006013.png
1711741078637.png

Emailing has been a personal horror story for many years.

Eventually I collected enough information to conclude that my program (MS Outlook) is inherently problematic.
To make matters worse, the email account given to me years ago by Spectrum/Charter is also very buggy.

I've decided to start all over again with a new email account and program/platform. Re-start from scratch.

So, I'm interested in any recommendations you have for a (free) account that is reliable.

Many of my friends have Gmail. I've studied it a bit, and I see that its basically OK once you seal up some security cracks in the foundation.

I don't use email on my iPhone and my browser is Google Chrome, if that matters at all.

Thanks ahead of time.

I use Thunderbird and Yahoo. I do have Gmail on my phone but don't use it much.

Thunderbird is for my personal/family address, Yahoo is for on-line use. It has a pretty decent spam filter and I haven't had any problems with either.

Yeah I shouldn't but gmail is the host, switched when I quit hosting my own site and email on GoDaddy's servers. Clients are Thunderbird on the computer and K-9 mail on the android phone the two mesh pretty well. It's been delayed several times but K-9 is supposed to end up being Thunderbird for android.
There's an email host in Norway that's 'sposed to be much less "nosy" than google, expect no privacy in email, everything is analyzed indexed and saved forever.

I've been hating Gmail since i switched from another service but like Jim says it's a bit of a learning curve
My buddy Herbie ( aka Herb ) said ya gotta try Gmail so this spring im headed to KS so he can show me what I'm not getting
I know it's a long way to go for tech support but I know he knows where to get good ribs and he has cold beer too
That i also have known him since grade school

Gmail here too.

My email address has showed up on the dark web, whatever that means. I’m going to move all of my social media, like this forum to my Yahoo account. All this security stuff is such a PITA.

Gmail here too.

My email address has showed up on the dark web, whatever that means. I’m going to move all of my social media, like this forum to my Yahoo account. All this security stuff is such a PITA.
Basically there was a data breach of some kind. Leaves you open to getting accounts associated with that email hacked, stolen, etc. Best to get an new email and change it all

My email address has showed up on the dark web, whatever that means.
You think that is concerning ? Yes … but I’ve known 6 years now that somebody in a middle eastern country, forget which one at the moment, has my social security # registered. I’ve monitored as best as I can and not a damn thing negative has happened but WTF !!

I've been using the same aol since dial up days, yahoo seems to get clogged up with spam if you don't use it often
so it's abandoned except for my youtube, that links to it.
I have a gmail the kids set up for me ten years ago, don't believe I've ever used it.
Two more from cable tv subscriptions that I never used, and work email of course.
And naturally, no passwords written down :banghead:

Back