140/70-16?

I haven't and while it strikes me too as an interesting look my concerns would be how much decrease in wheel diameter and increase in width versus swingarm and chain clearance there might be? Personally, I'd rather increase than decrease the outside
diameter of the tire on the 16" tire. Blue

well I have a david bird hardtail installed, so it should have no fitment issues. I am just wondering about the rim. I have a stock 16'' spoke rim off a '79 special it is a 16MTx2.75

inxs wrote this on another thread

- 3.00 x 16...rim, here is an indication of what tyre size is recommended for relevant rim sizes

...tyre..............rim
130/90-16...2.50 - 3.50
140/90-16...2.75 - 3.75
150/80-16...3.00 - 4.00

With a hard tail, the 140/90 tire will absorb more road shock than the 140/70 tire. It's your back so run what you want.

This is a 140/90 on my stock mag.

Attachments

• rsz_bike_done_015.jpg
    rsz_bike_done_015.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 175
Thanks Ironhead. I would like to put the largest tire on stock mag wheel. looks like this tire feel the bill for me allthought i like the old school tread.

Might want to rethink the Metzlers. Recently the 880's have been having tons of problem in the larger sizes. Tires wearing out at 1k, balance issues, and massive cracking. These are on their 210 and 240 tires but if the smaller one's are made in the same plant they could have the same problems. I know guys who have gone through 3-4 before just giving up and going to Avon's or Dunlops.

I had the 210 on my raider and it was utter crap on wet roads. Now running Avon Cobra 240.

I'm trying to find Avon tires that will fit my xs. Hoping to find some cobras or venoms.

very few people get more then 3-5k out of the Metz 240 or 210. 09' 210's were actually manufactured with backwards tread...recalled in japan. When I called metz about it their CEO said...it not our problem its yours.

Now the stuff with the tread peeling away has people on the raider forum ditching the brand all together.

Avon Cobras and Venoms are getting riders more than 10k and they're an awesome tire in the wet.

Keep a close eye on your Metz's for cracking. I'm shocked that none of my raider buddy's have been killed riding that tire...its utter crap.

Back