1970 xs 650 found

Piponss,
In AR. we have a bonded title for bikes like this. 650central.com has those brake shoes, don't let that stop you. If you don't want it, tell us where it's at, somebody will come get it!!!

i have a 72, here in n.y., and its got a transferrable reggie. thats what the 70 should have also. I just wonder how hard it will be to obtain papers since it was bought without any. any of you guys ever apply for a title or new reggie on a bike without papers? I heard it can be a pain in the ass.

It can be done, some states just need to see a bill of sale, they run the vin against the national stolen bikes registry and they will issue a title. Not Wisconsin though (A-holes)!

I know I have more into my XS2 than what it's worth to the average guy. I enjoyed the process of getting it back on the road with a few improvements. If you go into it with the idea of selling it than you will lose money. If your going to keep it and learn from the experience than cost is relative.

I know I have more into my XS2 than what it's worth to the average guy. I enjoyed the process of getting it back on the road with a few improvements. If you go into it with the idea of selling it than you will lose money. If your going to keep it and learn from the experience than cost is relative.

:agree::agree::agree:

Im in Edmonton and I have a 1970 XS1 that is a Canadian bike, so they did sell them up north. Thankfully mine is 99% completely stock original except for a few missing parts that I hope to find eventually.....seat, mirrors, footpegs and airboxes. Mine even has the puny exhaust studs that pull out of the head, and the skinny kickstarter.
the-oz-slider

Any 70 is worth a full restoration if at all possible. There just aren't many of them left. The low numbers with the needle bearing wrist pin could put a rod through the cases. Back then that would total the bike. It would just cost too much to rebuild an $1100 motorcycle.

Well papers ...hate being the bearer of bad news but according to your vin its not a 1970....I have one which by the way I bought in Ontario,Canada....does the vin you gave come off the engine or the frame cause maybe its a 70 with a 74(I believe) engine...Peace

Back