For Sale - 1971 XS650 Barn Find Complete with only 3818 Miles on Ebay

That's the proper main production variant, with the 4-bolt tensioner. Everything looks to be there.

The 'barn' it was in needs a new roof...

Thanks for the heads up DJ! That rust is a killer, If it had been kept dry it'd be a 6-7K bike.
The way it is I don't think I'd pay 800

rusty 71 fleabay.JPG

And it SOLD on eBay for $1425 USD

If a bike is over 25 years old, you can go down to the DMV and apply for a title. The agent will walk outside, take a picture of the numbers and the bike - then you pay a $25 application fee. You'll get a title in 4-6 weeks. I just got my title back on an 81' a couple of weeks ago. And I've done it several times here in Tennessee. They realize titles are lost on old bikes that have been sitting around for 20-30 years.
Check your DMV and make sure you tell them the age of the bike.
best of luck!!

Drug this home last night. Found it when he started ebaying parts, He was looking for $1000 with seat and side covers that were ebayed off. Found out ebaying a bike in pieces isn't really all that much fun. Extra fork tubes are in great shape. Tubes on the bike have some rust. included both factory manuals and a few other things shown. No title, he bought it from remarried widow of the owner, I will make a shot at getting a title. $350 and 300 miles on the van got it.
Kicks over with good compression on both sides.

71 005.JPG 71 008.JPG

71 011.JPG 71 006.JPG

Nice find!!!!
What is it with those pipes. I see them everywhere.... gahh.... its like nails on chalkboard to my eyes..... anyway very cool

Yeah MMC is pretty aggressive, CL deals don't stay up long near him. This was never advertised, a Fleabay search popped up the seat, he had a few other items from a 71 also When I asked if they were from a whole bike the haggling started, took about a month to get it put together.

Pretty sure it's the original engine but I haven't checked numbers. I have a couple 71 engines without the grey buttons.

Just got this 1970 XS1 matching number motor to frame.
Not Quite Original but still a nice bike.
Being loaded today and heading to Australia to be fully Restored :bike:

14974295459_868ea280e4_k[1].jpg XS1 rhode island.jpg

Back