For Sale - 1972 BSA Lightning Project Bike, Super Clean

Patches

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I know it's not a XS650 but there are a lot of British bike fans here too.

I posted this on my local CL. Here's the link for pics:

http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/3667716008.html

I am moving and need to start selling my hoard of motorcycle stuff. If you are reading this you know how hard these bikes are getting to find. This is a great project bike and has a clean Kansas title in my name issued last year. The bike does not run at this moment but very little is needed to get it going. The motor is complete with good compression and has never been taken apart for work. Make no mistake, this is a project bike. You are not going to slap a battery in this and ride off into the sunset. Here is a very good candidate for a restoration or resto-mod. I purchased this bike last year from the original owner's son. He had taken the bike apart and had Lorac powder coat the frame and seing arm. It is in like new condition. He replaced the original BSA tank with a super clean Triumph tank. The paint job is a "20 ft paint job"... It looks OK, but I would have it redone. The tank is solid with no rust, dents or body work. He purchased some upgrades in regards to the charging system and ignition. It has a Mighty Max charging system and a Brandon Boyer digital ignition. The only thing I've done is rebuild the carbs with new o-rings and have them ultrasonically cleaned. They look new. The bike comes with an assortment of parts as pictured: Original wiring harness, side covers, key and ignition, turn signals, throttle, motor copper gasket kit, etc. The wheels are super clean with zero rust. The seat is in good shape however some stitching is coming apart in one of the rear corners. There will be miscellaneous bolts/hardware missing.

If someone does this bike right (and by right I mean no short cuts) and puts about $600-$800 into it they will have a very, very nice ride and a bike that is easily worth twice what they have in it. That was my original plan but at this point in my life I should probably sell it to someone that has the time to finish it.

My price is firm. It will sell for what I am asking very quickly. Please no tire-kickers. I try to be fair with the description so you know what your are getting when you arrive to pick it up. I can meet you my shop to pic it up this weekend.

Please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns (913) 645-9670