Make Offer - 1973 TX750 parts no title WI

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
dragged this home last night, fuggled, no title owned by a dead guy in Iowa.
2800 original miles. Kid I bought it from pulled the top end and scattered it around the shop, bottom is still together. It does NOT have the extended sump mod. I need to check better, but near perfect tins in factory paint. He said it was stuck, found a broken ring and gave up. He had worked on a lot of two strokes and think the complexity of this engine overwhelmed him.
Seat is very good, no rips or tears, soft foam.

"Pretty much" complete minus the odd nut and bolt.

This has a good set of rims big rear brake and that nice stiffer swing arm that are bolt on to the XS650.

make an offer on parts.
It's been in wisconsin sheds so there is some rust not horrible but little or no "perfect" chrome. These pipes are shot, rusted out. BUT I know of a set of just about perfect complete stock TX750 pipes I can get.

Just throwing this out there to see if there's any interest. I'll shoot detail shots of whatever when I get it out the van, and by request.

Attachments

• tx750a.jpg
    tx750a.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 173
  • tx750 001.jpg
    tx750 001.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 149
  • tx750 002.jpg
    tx750 002.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 146
Gary. You should have directed this straight towards me. I think I'm the only one here fool enough to have one of these things. :D

That thing looks identical to mine when I brought it home. All the way from the fairing to the crash bars.

I might be interested in the seat as long as it is real nice. Mine looks great, but the foam seems to be broke/damaged right where my butt sits.

Does it have the oil cooler by chance. I doubt it since it doesn't have the deep sump.

"perfect" seat, some rust on the edges of the paint on the pan. At has a lockhart "I think" oil cooler.
I'll email you some pics.

I have a top triple from a different TX750 that is already off the bike, to your door $25.00? the forks are straight.

I have a top triple from a different TX750 that is already off the bike, to your door $25.00? the forks are straight.
Deal! :thumbsup: I'm using a TX750 swing arm and forks on my cafe build. Right now I'm planning on using a drag bar that is very close to the flat bar Norton, and others, used on their home market bikes. But I might decide to go with clip ons and machine off the bar mounts. If so, it would be nice to have an extra upper clamp in case I wanted to go back. I'm sending you a pm.

Back