1975 rear tire; I know, I know...it's been beat to death....

katmol

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to beef up the tires on my stock 1975 XS650. Looks like the main problem will be the chainguard on the rear. I want to run a 130/90-18 on the rear and a 100/90-19 on thr front.
I know this does not help the handling, may even cause handling problems but it's what I would like to do.
Anyone running these sizes?

Thanks.

If it's what u want, then do it. Run without a chain guard . I don't have one on my chop.
Some if us,(the saws all crew), decided to reverse engineer a perfectly fine suspension and go hard tail. Some of us have ditched the air box for pods, whatever, it's your bike.

I really want to beef up the tires on my stock 1975 XS650. Looks like the main problem will be the chainguard on the rear. I want to run a 130/90-18 on the rear and a 100/90-19 on the front.
Thanks.

Hi katmol,
XS650 Specials run 130/90-16 rear tires and while the chainguard comes real close to the tire it still clears.
I dunno why being an 18 instead of a 16 would give a clearance problem as the tires are the same width.
My concerns would be about if the 130/90-18 cleared the swingarm arch and how well it'd sit on the 18" wheel's narrower rim.

Back