For Sale - 1975 XS650 in Central Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_supermoto

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
1975 XS650 in Central Indiana SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

SOLD: '75 Yamaha XS650. Runs great. I rode it 220 miles on July 4th! Extensive mechanical work recently done (by me). Spent over $700 on parts alone. Tires, cables, complete clutch (plates, steels, cable, springs, 2 piece spring bolts, arm rampy thing in left cover etc), petcocks, chain, sprockets, fork seals, ign switch, new used front fender and seat, rebuilt carbs, new points, plugs, valves and camchain adjusted, rebuilt front caliper, ...The list goes on. Speedo says 20k miles but it is not the original speedo so mileage I am not sure of. I am probably forgetting something.

I bought this from another forum member here as a project. It's been fun but I bought a '72 and I want to concentrate on that one.. If you need specific pics let me know. and btw, those are 12 inch mini apes. they are not as high as they look. sit in your car and put your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2. Its about like that. The stock mufflers have been relieved of some of their guts (no idea how, it was done before me) so its a little loud. not

Attachments

• betty1.JPG
    betty1.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Awww she looks good! Brings a tear to my eye,:wink2: I will say this is a great bike for those who might be interested. Shes a strong runner, and JB has probably made it super dependable.

It would make someone a happy rider for sure :thumbsup:

By any chance, do you have the stock bars & cables (length) or did it come to you with the Apes? I'm trying to sell my GS500 this weekend, if it goes I will have cash in hand...

Last edited:
It came to me with the apes but with fraying stretched stock cables. I replaced the cables with new longer ones. That said, I did buy a set of stock bars from another member here with the thought of putting them on. After riding it with the apes I kind of liked it so I left it. They are only 12 inch mini apes. I will throw the stock bars in on the deal if you like. You would just have to get cables which are fairly inexpensive.

JB

Thanks for your reply, as mentioned if I can sell this other bike I have, I'll be in touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back