For Sale - 1975 XSS650-B "Ugly Betty"

leggers

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
1975 XS650-B "Ugly Betty" South Bend, Indiana Sale Pending

Sold

I'm reluctantly selling my 1975 XS650-B. I purchased this bike non-running back in August of last year. None of the instrument cluster worked, and it was in rough shape. Its now back from the dead running, and cleaned up a bit. There are still a few things to note:

1. the ignition was robbed off my 83 because there was no working ignition included and I have not had the time to purchase a new "correct" 75 ignition.

2. I have re-timed, set valves, set cam chain, and re-jetted and cleaned the carbs and it is running fairly well. There is still a mid-range sputter when giving it gas and I feel the problem is in the advance unit, not really easy to find new ones so I haven't messed with it. PO gutted the exhaust and added pods so I added new main jets.

3. All lights turn signals, electric starter, etc are now re connected and wired correctly.

I'm selling because I need funds for my 83 project. This bike would be perfect for your cafe or bobber, or even a resto job. I do not have the heart to part it out since I have put so much effort in getting it road worthy again.

Located in South Bend, IN. It has a clear title in my name. I'm asking $700 (forum price). If I don't get much interest here I will probably put it on craigslist.

Thanks
Lucas

V8qxj.jpg

gYyBq.jpg

Leggers,
I am interested in your bike;FAIR $ asking price.The big HURDLE 4 me is,I have some old xs/tx keeper parts that need to go to the xs/tx GARU that has the time to make the $.The other bigger HURDLE is;how do I reply to your post and still get a road trip to the Wisc.Dells area via South Bend In with Humble XS/TX Integrity?

Hey lucas, I am DON.I am rusty on replying thus not wanting to share my ph# with the world so I am testing my self to see if I am in the private message, or leave me your #.

Well, I see I am not in the PM. I will try again.I guess rusty is an understatement.

Back