For Sale - 1979 XS400 Special donor bike - $250

danno

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just read the news about the upcoming XS400 forum, perhaps jumping the gun a bit here. Bike is not pretty, and has no title, but is very complete. Less than 12,500 original miles, good compression, inside of tank is spotless. Bike is located in CNY, 13160. Would be better utilized as a donor bike than the yard ornament that it is currently. Asking $250. Feel free to pm me if interested.

Attachments

• XS400.jpg
    XS400.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 400 Special.jpg
    400 Special.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 178
Danno, I'm a couple weeks out on the XS400 forum at the earliest. So this is just fine here. :thumbsup:

I'm planning on it being a sister site to this one with its own domain name. I'll make an official announcement about it soon with more details. :thumbsup:

I'd go for it danno ,but I need to focus on one project first. Where are u located tho ?
I plan to do a xs400 project later. I already have a good motor sitting with full wiring harness. just need the rest of the bike :) built around it

Not worth my time to dick around with this bike anymore. It isn't like I am asking 4 grand for it. Parts for the XS400 are pretty hard to find, so I figured $250 was reasonable. Not the first time I have been wrong, and certainly will not be the last. I had someone offer me $75 for the motor if he could hear it run. I was born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

No that's not an insult, it's better than Zero at the scrap yard which was what you said was next. He even pre-apologized, that's fair.
PS in my state the scrap yards can not take a bike without a title. If they do it has to be immediately crushed not even parts may be sold off of it. At least that's the state rules (wink, wink)
Reference point; I recently picked up TWO XS650 parts bikes for $50.00 They were ugly and I'll have junk to dispose of at the end but they will be well mined for parts. One may even be a "carb test" mule with the backbone of the frame cut away for easy on offs.
That's part of the low value of "parts" bikes not many have room for them and getting rid of the "left overs" can be a major pain.

Technically not ironic. If you had sold the tank for $175 then bought this bike and discovered it had your old tank on it and THEN had to scrap it for $20. THAT would be irony. Sorry, I'm a dick. I know.

Not interested in parting the bike out at this time.

FACT: They go for a lot more busted up, but it is a royal pain in the butt too.
Guys taking whole bikes are doing it because they are trying to save a buck so they tend to pay less. And again have to deal with the whole storage, sometimes shipping parts, get rid of the bones thing.
Bigger bikes are usually worth more whole or parts. Not that many who can do a build up from parts are wanting to be riding a 400.
My bad I am messing with a for sale thread again.

Back