1980 bobber build pics - show bike???

thats great dude. at first i was like' yep same old thing', but as i scrolled down i found a smile forming. well done very nice!

hey im just wondering what all u did to get ur old crusty engine looking like that ahh hit me up on my email i got a 1979 yamaha xs650 special that im working on and the engine looks worse than that lol wanna get her cleaned up thanks

I'm sure he can add much to this but a starting point to cleaning up your engine is discussed in LowBrowCustoms tech tips. Mostly its scrubbing, flap disks, wire brushes, buffing attachments and elbow grease.

I use a wire wheel on my grinder for most things, even nuts and bolts. It gets most things clean and shiny. Then, tasteful use of engine enamel, clears and maybe some brass or copper accents. Served with a fine wine, of course.

I'm sure he can add much to this but a starting point to cleaning up your engine is discussed in LowBrowCustoms tech tips. Mostly its scrubbing, flap disks, wire brushes, buffing attachments and elbow grease.

I use a wire wheel on my grinder for most things, even nuts and bolts. It gets most things clean and shiny. Then, tasteful use of engine enamel, clears and maybe some brass or copper accents. Served with a fine wine, of course.

hit the nail on the head with that one.
Someone asked me earlier in the post about the cleaning... dig through and u will find it.
Basically lots of work, then some nice engine enamel...
:thumbsup:

Very sick bike nice job, but why did you go so far with that bike and leave the stock kickstand on? It wouldve had a much meaner stance to put on a custom kickstand,JMO!!

XsC

Very sick bike nice job, but why did you go so far with that bike and leave the stock kickstand on? It wouldve had a much meaner stance to put on a custom kickstand,JMO!!

XsC

really??? who give a Sh#@ about the kickstand? but....
this one tucks completely under the bike when up, and the aftermarket ones don't.
I don't want to look at a kickstand when the bike is moving, its an eyesore.

really??? who give a Sh#@ about the kickstand? but....
this one tucks completely under the bike when up, and the aftermarket ones don't.
I don't want to look at a kickstand when the bike is moving, its an eyesore.

Easy there Mr sensitivity, didnt mean to ruffle any feathers and no need to get all frosted up over it! Was just simply asking, thats all! IMO that stock kickstand is an eyesore when the bike is parked, and Really how often are you looking down on the bike while riding where you would even notice a aftermarket kickstand!!Once again,JMO....

XsC

Easy there Mr sensitivity, didnt mean to ruffle any feathers and no need to get all frosted up over it! Was just simply asking, thats all! IMO that stock kickstand is an eyesore when the bike is parked, and Really how often are you looking down on the bike while riding where you would even notice a aftermarket kickstand!!Once again,JMO....

XsC

No hostility, just answering your question... maybe I'm a bit sarcastic..
But i meant when riding the bike other people cant see my kickstand because it is under the frame. I don't leave this thing parked anywhere so it makes no difference to me. I ride it, i don't leave it in parking lots.

Hey all, finally got a day to myself again so did some more work on the next project.
Its a 1972 this time. Got the springer installed and new front tire and wheel on.
Got a little welding done as well. Swamped at work so i wont have time to work on this for a month or so, but i will upload photo's as i can.
2_1.jpg

2_2.jpg

2_3.jpg

2_4.jpg

2_5.jpg

:D

LOL Dude, did he seriously give you shit about your kickstand? That's priceless.

A meaner stance? From a kickstand? One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Really clean builds. Beautiful paint. Looking forward to seeing where this one ends up.

Beautiful bike. Do you have some details on the front end? What springer is that(DNA Im assuming), how about the wheel and brake setup?

Back