For Sale - 1982 Heritage Special in Buffalo, NY: $800

cassady

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I need to sell my 1982 Heritage Special. Black paint, 11k original miles. It's in great shape and has been well maintained. *BUT* it slips in first gear. It will work from a dead stop but will slip once it gets going. All the other gears work fine. So... I have another which I will throw into the deal. It had good compression when last I checked. You can either just deal with the wonky first gear (I have for several years -- and yes, I changed the oil often), replace the gear, or swap in the new motor.

It has a lot of parts from Mike's XS. I replaced the swingarm bushings several years ago; nearly new clutch plates. I think I have a new fuse panel around, which I will throw in if I can find it.

It hasn't been started / ridden in about 18 months. Last inspected in 2009, when I rode it all season. I spent 2010 abroad, and haven't had a chance to ride it this year, and I want it to go to someone who will not part it out.

So, here's the deal: $800 includes the bike, the motor, and the chiltons and hayes manuals -- but you gotta promise not to part out the bike.

Oh, the bike is in Buffalo, NY. And I know I'm brand new to XS650.com -- but I was a long time subscriber to the xs650 listserv.

Cassady

Attachments

• IMAG0217.jpg
    IMAG0217.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAG0219.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMAG0222.jpg
    IMAG0222.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMAG0216.jpg
    IMAG0216.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 135
Update: I charged up the battery last night, put it back into the bike this afternoon, and it started this afternoon on the second kick. It could undoubtedly use a tune up (and some fresh gas!) but she is running pretty well for a bike that's been in storage for over a year.

Oh yeah. I just dug them out of the bookshelf. It's the Clymers and Haynes guides (not Chiltons).

Gotta love the XS. Storage for over a year, and start on the second kick. Why am I selling this again?

Last edited:
Actually, my wife is headed to Madison (WI) soon -- but she doesn't check luggage anymore, and the 650 is a bit big for carry on. ;-)

Back