2-1 intake?

Tia813

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all. No time to use the search function sorry. What is the benefits to using a 2-1 intake? This would be on a stock motor. Thanks

Easier tuning, thats about it though... If you are afraid of tuning dual carbs, and want the look of the 2-1 intake, then go for it,

Its not the perfect way to setup a bike, since no two cylinders are exactly the same inside and engine, and with 2 carbs you can really dial it in and sync the carbs together. All the 2-1 intakes I've been around (aftermarket mind you) have had 1 lean cylinder or 1 rich cylinder.

I did some edumacating after I pulled the trans out of a customer's Acura. Yeah it would be more of the cool factor for me. I cant really say much since I dont have any experience at this but how I see it is like putting a tunnel ram in a bone stock small block chevy.

Yea kinda. you still get a change in performance but is it worth it just for the cool factor. And besides if you take your tunnel ram small block to a car show how many of the other guys are gonna laugh.

Yeah we have a couple of those here. One of them is a coworker. Tunnel ram with dual quads. LOL

Back