4.5" firestone on stock 19" front rim?

Hope you don't like to corner......
stock tire was a 3.50
Oversize tires can get rather floppy feeling.
I have not done it but have had a bike or two that had a 110/90 replacing a 100/90 front. (bought this way, I didn't do it, scouts honor) It did not improve handling.

Stickin' that tube in there could be quite a challenge. Street tracker guys ought to have some insite with those 19" mags front and rear and big dirt track rubber on them.

I thought they only made a 4" for the 19"? Anyways, I am running the firestones 4"x19 and 5"x16 on my bike on the stock mags and they work great. I mounted the tires myself and had zero problems although it took me a good 45 mins to get the tire seated correctly. I was bouncing it, strapped it, kicked it, beat it, and anything else I could do to try and get the tire centered. Don't worry too much about the tires being oversized either. The wheel is a little smaller than it should be for the tire so it pinches it a little. Im only able to use about 1/2-3/4 of the tire as far as the tread is concerned. Ive got a good 1" on the rear on both sides that I would have to lay the bike over before I could use.

Sorry for the long answer, but hopefully this answers any questions you have.

I got a 19x4.00 IRC dual sport tire on easily, spoked wheel. It's roughly 4.25" wide.

I was also able to get a 100/90-19 Avon on the 1.85" front mag; I think the minimum rim width on that tire is 2.15, but it works well. Tricky getting the bead to seat, but I got it after using lots of lube. This tire is 4" wide.

I always use lots of lube.

I just realized they don't even make the 19" firestones in that size.

What I really want is some knobbieish trials tires for the bike but I'm having trouble finding the ones I like in the right sizes as well. I really like the Pirelli MT 43 for the rear and I'm trying to find something that will match it up front...

I may just got with a front 19x4 and rear 18x4.5 Firestone ANS.

Back