650 direct oil drain plug washers

gravelman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hi guys joe here just want ur guys take on these oil drain plugs from 650 direct or mikes
k itighten mine up with my yamha factory wrench with its extenshion till i cant get anymore out of it .ok then u go and check it 2 days later after just maybe few min running than kool for couple days .then u put ur wrench on it and u ger a frikin querter turn out it then the same thing a couple days later .its like u cant compress them enought to seat and they always seam to weap a wee bit. well i even tried anealing them lol what a shock that was frikin thing blew up in my face lol than blue alien like substance came ozzing out of them anyways i thought i bounce it off u guys .tomorrow iam going to caterpiller and try a couple big truck washers and give it a go thanks guys joe:yikes:.

its all clicks and whistles to me, but if i had to suggest something, go to a tractor repair store and get the appropriate size copper washer.
i dont know what the fuck blue alien goo means, but um....yeah. thats what ide do.

It made prefect sense to me too. Anneal the Mike's drain plug washers and they blow up. Hang on to your original sealing washers, they can be annealed and re-used countless times. Then, when the originals are finally really spent, do what angus67 said, find some normal flat copper washers of the correct size.

They blow up because they are hollow inside, and the air inside expands when you try to anneal them.

Will add that when mine blew up there was nothing but air inside, no blue alien substance.

Will also add that maybe the cushion of air makes them re-usable without annealing, but for me, I don't like, understand, or trust them. That could just be me, they may be fine for other people.

oh well i just ordered 12 oem ones from power sports i should be good for a while thanks guys
:bike:

throw a couple pairs our way through the classified. I could use em. self addressed stampped envelope would be easy way to get em.

lol i just wana make shure i have some before there all gone powersport yamaha has them cheers

Back