75 xs total newbie, first build bobber build ever.

Good to see another Hoosier build...keep us posted.

Posted via Mobile

Thanks everyone.

I like the looks of the rusty bobber I posted, but I've really grown fond of this Fong Bros bike.

D-5546-4CEC-9480-D5673B46F728-559-000000480D298E4E.jpg

There is just something about it that grabs my attention over and over.

As for wiring 14ga sounds good for the power I just wanted to dbl check before I bought it all.

Need some help.

Where can I find a a layout of the front axle? I got this bike PO gave me axle parts in bag with a replacement wheel. All off of bike.

Thanks
Brandon

If youre a VW guy wiring shouldn't be an issue. LOL. Back when I had my Manx the PO wired the entire car with red wire. Everything was red, so I pulled it all out and started from scratch. Same with my XS. Yamaha designed a great big birds nest of redundancy. Pull it all out and go with a basic chopper harness. You'll need a battery for your electric start. Your diagram shows a capacitor. Obviously for the lighting circuit.

Save the OEM harness and reuse the main connectors and use it as a road map of sorts. I have faith in you. You can do it. LOL

I'm pretty sure I've gotten 98% of my wiring concerns takin care of. I bought a fuse block at autozone. Took that piece back and ordered one off line. Setting here now with all wiring stripped and set aside. Gonna clean up connectors and hopefully get it all lined out.

Any pointers on front axle assembly by chance. Have a spacer and speedo hub.

Thanks
Brandon

vdub. the parts breakdown for your wheel should be in your repair manual.You do have a repair manual don't you?
The Clymer page 134 shows the early models, the one used before they started bolting the rotors on the hub, but they are similar. Places like boats.net have parts fiches that show all the parts and the order they go.
They only show a complete breakdown the first year of an assembly, after that they just show changes. So for a 74 up front wheel it only shows the 74 break down. They didn't change it until the mags came out.
If you don't find the breakdown for your year just back up year by year till you find it.
Leo

Back