750 Big Bore kit

Tim,

I'll try and find a 256 cam with a 447 sprocket. Let me know if you find one for sale. I think this might be the way to go.

I've heard mixed reviews on this cam - and you don't want mixed reviews on a cam.

For my money, send a stock cam to Web Camshafts in California and have them do a grind on it. $150 or so I think.

I did one at Web. I picked up a cam cheap on eBay and had it shipped directly to Web in California for grinding.

For my 277 motor, I did a cam with MrRiggs and he had a Shell #1 grind done on it.

For my next stock engine I picked up a 256 cam with the 447 sprocket on it degreed in for a thinner copper head gasket from XS Cycle here in Canada (he sells them on eBay). Doesn't seem to have any of those listed just at the moment, but he does have one of the MikesXS cams up for sale. That engine has a mildly ported head.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/XS650-cam-XS...ies&hash=item4d0bbbe10c&_uhb=1#ht_1838wt_1397

Diz, I've been told to stay away from that cam, and go with my first choice of a Shell #1. There is a thread here some where that Hugh said he had nothing but problems with that cam. Here is a thread i started asking about it, a few days ago:

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26841

Thanks Dave for this info. I'll steer clear of this cam. I'll either go with the 256 or shell #1 cam from hoos racing.

Jack. Does Wiseco actually make a 750 piston? Or are all 750 pistons actually come in at 770 cc total? Wiseco kit #CK200 is $293 list on their site. 2 80mm pistons,rings,clips,pins.

With std stroke do 80mm pistons equal 750 or 770? I'm confused.
generally the pistons are undersized and with that a Wiseco 80mm comes to 744 CCs,81mm = 763CCs and 82 mm = 783 CCs. The Wisecos have a longer squirt pattern over most for better piston stability to enhance rings seal but at the cost a slightly heavier piston but you can mill the Wiseco's without fear of cutting through the underside of the dome. 650Motorcyces has a few photo's showing the dome milled to lower the compression.

Back