A 533 crank in a 447 engine?

Lasper01

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello.. I have tried to search for information on swapping the 533 crank in a 447 engine, but couldn't find the answer.

Is it possible just to put an 533 crank in a 447 engine? Is it a direct swap or are there some difficuties involved?
Will I also have to change to cam etc?
Thank Lasse

Just count the teeth on the crank sprocket. If you find 18 teeth, the 447 cam and cam chain will be compatible. If you find 17 teeth you'll need to install a 34 tooth cam sprocket or use a 256 cam, which will give you a bit more giddyup anyway; you'll also need the 256 cam chain. You'll need to use 533 pistons. Everything else will work fine.

Ok.. thanks alot! Its an engine Im gonna buy and the seller wrote is in parts and the engine is 447 and the crank is from 533. Not sure about the cam and pistons..

I think the only difference between the 533 and 447 engines is the rods and pistons. Longer rods, shorter pistons.
Checking as grizld1 said is a good idea.
Leo

The 533 has oil scoopers in the ends of the crank pins that feed oil internally to the rod bearings.

The 256 and 447 rods have slots cut in the big ends of the rods to allow oil from external sprayers to reach the bearings.

Is there any difference in the cases as far as oil passages and jets?

Good catch, mrriggs! A comparison of part numbers might resolve the question. Does anybody have the number for the 533 crankcase set?

Back