A farmed out build

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
On my local Craigslist. at a new lower price.... Not mine.

http://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/4442682628.html

REDUCED!!!!Custom XS 650 w/ GSXR Front End - $2000 (East Madison )

00I0I_1UoQhQbjPRi_600x450.jpg

image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: new

This 81 Yamaha XS 650 with 2002 GSXR front end was rebuilt this winter and has over $4000 into it. On (Sat 4/26/14) it was fully completed by Suters Speed Shop. Suters did a complete overhaul of the electrical systems, rejetted & tuned the flatslide racing carbs, complete tune-up (oil change, ext). The dyno showed about 48 hp to the back wheel, and the total for all of the work was $1517 (I have receipts). I also have another set of sport bike street fighter headlights for the bike ($100) that can be included with the bike. Both the electric start and the kickstarter work great and the bike runs amazing but I am looking at graduate school in the fall so I would prefer to have the cash.

The bike has many new parts
2 in one exhaust- $400
Flatslide PWK Racing Carbs-$400
Performance Oil Filter/Cooler Kit- $155
Headlight/Tailight with built in turn signals- $150
Koso Speedometer (w/ built in turn signal indicator, oil gauge, neutral)- $150
Rear Break Shoe-$30
Spark Plugs/Wires- $40
GSXR Front End-$600
New Performance Battery (10yr warranty)- S115
Fully Adjustable Mirrors-$40
(I probably forgot something this bike is pristine)

This bike has been built right and I am loosing a lot of money but my loss is your gain. You can have a professionally built one of a kind custom cafe racer that is sure to run for many years to come. This bike is very fast and another one will not show up on craigslist tomorrow get it quick before its gone forever.

call/txt &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

There might be a lesson here somewhere.....

the bike may not be built to exactly my or other posters taste but it does have a lot of nice parts on it. the exhuast and carbs come to mind. if the fork swap was done rite and the bike runs perfectly id not be really afraid of the 2k$ price tag.

id look it over good and see if the wiring looked like it was done well and the whole thing looked like it was built with much better craftsmanship than the seat, id prob shoot him a offer starting about 1500$ if he gets pissy and insulted id prob move on to a bike aint been messed with as much.

I actually like the idea, but I don't thing this turned out to look so good.

I've always thought it would be cool to build a big bore 750 and make it look like a sports bike. I wanted to keep up with my buddies on sport bikes...

Back