Am I missing a pushrod bearing ( pic) ?

The ball looks to be in there. Clean the old grease out of that piece. Remove the lock nut and adjuster screw to grease them too. This will let you look through the worm, if you can't the ball is in place. If you can the ball isn't there.
Clean all the old grease of the entire part, the part that part screws into also. A liberal coat of fresh grease will help keep thing slippery.
Lubing the cable will help too. I take the cable off the bike. I hang it so the lever end is up, Build a funnel out of kitchen foil around this upper end. Fill with oil. I like 3N1 oil. Motor oil works too. Might even last a bit longer. Let it hang till oil comes out lower end.
You can do this on the bike too, Unhook both ends, tie the upper end so the funnel is held up, fill, let set.
Moving the cable core in/out can speed up the process.
Using a spray lube with one of those clamp on thingies works but not as well or last as long.
Leo

Leo, thanks a bunch followed you're advice and she was in there! So it goes bearing, pushrod bearing, I'm not trying to remove the clutch hub at the moment can the other bearing be extracted with a magnet just to see if it's there?

Posted via Mobile

You may not be able to get it to pull out through the seal, but you can get it out to the seal's inner side and verify it's there.

Back