An introduction.

samgar

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I figured I should introduce myself. My name is Sam and I have taken on the challenge of rebuilding my father in-law's '74 xs650 which sat for about 20 years and was then taken completely apart by my brother and then set aside.

I have owned a Dnepr mt-16 and currently own a 2009 Royal Enfield G5 Military model.

Needless to say I am no stranger to working on bikes. I am sure that I will be asking questions so thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Samgar

welcome Sam . Sounds like you have set yourself a very rewarding challenge . Look forward to seeing your progress in your build thread

Yes, welcome. It sounds like you will have a lot of fun reassembling that bike.
A repair manual will help greatly as well as the parts fiche at a place like boats.net They show how things go together.
Leo

I will say hello too. I also am brand new to this site, but like the looks of it. I'm not new to the xs650. I raced flattrack for years and my 1/2 mile bike was always an XS. I still build a bunch for AHRMA guys, dirt and asphalt. I own a bunch along with tt's and sr's. I have a complete shell bike with build sheets and Harry Lillie heads. We are thinking about donating the thuett bike to barber. Looking forward to talking to everybody. I was a yamaha tech and service mgr for over 25 years.

Posted via Mobile

I will say hello too. I also am brand new to this site, but like the looks of it. I'm not new to the xs650. I raced flattrack for years and my 1/2 mile bike was always an XS. I still build a bunch for AHRMA guys, dirt and asphalt. I own a bunch along with tt's and sr's. I have a complete shell bike with build sheets and Harry Lillie heads. We are thinking about donating the thuett bike to barber. Looking forward to talking to everybody. I was a yamaha tech and service mgr for over 25 years.

Posted via Mobile

Welcome rko53 ..pity you introduced yourself on someone elses thread as it might get overlooked .
Sounds like you have considerable experience and many interesting stories to share hopefully.
Look forward to hearing from you and perhaps some pics of your flattrack days hopefully.:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

rko53 welcome also we look forward to your posts also, can never have enough flat trackers around here great news! :D WA so you a Brad Baker or Sammy Halbert fan?

Back